Broccoli & Cheese Stuffed Chicken
Yields: 4 servings | Serving Size: 1 stuffed chicken breast | Calories: 530 | Total Fat: 26 g | Saturated Fat: 7 g | Trans Fat: 0 g | Cholesterol: 94 mg | Sodium: 234 mg | Carbohydrates: 36 g | Dietary Fiber: 3 g | Sugars: 1 g | Protein: 36 g | SmartPoints: 15
- 4 chicken breasts
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- ½ cup reduced-fat sharp cheddar
- 2 ounces fat free cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¾ cup almond flour*
- ½ cup white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ¼ cups olive oil
- SPECIAL EQUIPMENT: Poultry twine or toothpicks
- *to make your own almond flour, put all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and pulse with the whole wheat flour until all of the almonds are ground into the flour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- With a very sharp knife, butterfly each of the chicken breasts by cutting them through the center with a very sharp knife. Do not cut all the way through, leave an edge uncut so you can open the chicken breasts into a large, flat “butterfly” piece.
- In a food processor, pulse together broccoli, cheese, cream cheese, and garlic. The mixture is ready when the broccoli is coarsely chopped, and it begins to hold together in a clump.
- Scoop this mixture into the center of each butterflied chicken breast, molding it to fit into the center of the chicken.
- Roll the chicken like a burrito around the broccoli filling. Use poultry twine or toothpicks to secure the breast around the filling, covering the filling completely.
- In a small bowl, whisk together almond flour, white wheat flour, paprika, garlic salt, onion powder, and pepper. Drizzle chicken with olive oil, then dip into the almond-flour mixture, coating it completely.
- Place coated chicken into a 9x13 baking dish. Once all chicken breasts have been coated and placed in the baking dish, brush olive oil over the coating (this will help it brown and crisp as it cooks). Bake for 25-30 minutes, just until the chicken is cooked through. Allow chicken to set for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Video: Broccoli & Cheddar Stuffed Chicken Recipe
40 Melting Clock Tattoo Designs For Men – Salvador Dali Ink Ideas
How to Be Rich on Neopets
7 Bizarre Outdoor Sports You Have to See to Believe
Corvite Fe Reviews
Iris Apfel The Man Repeller Greatest Interview Ever
Beard Styles for Asian Men-20 Best Beard looks for Asian Men
How to Choose a Path to Health and Happiness
Over the next several years, plans to demolish the remaining parts of the interior sarcophagus and the damaged reactor unit will be in the works
How to Have a Successful Parent Teacher Conference
How to Make Ube Halaya
If Your Skin, Mind and Spirit Could Do With a Lift, Try This Essential Oil
Kim Kardashian beauty secrets
This Is What Christmas Day Will Look Like For Newly-Engaged Couple Meghan And Prince Harry
Grokker: Home Workout Videos