Brown Rice Pilaf With Mushrooms
Mar 9, 2019
Mushrooms aren't the most nutrient-packed vegetable in the produce aisle but can be one of the most flavorful-as this recipe proves. Sauteed, they almost make a good substitute for red meat.
Advertisement - Continue Reading Below
Yields: 4 servings
Prep Time: 0 hours 15
reduced-sodium, fat-free chicken broth
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. pecans
1 1/2 tbsp. olive oil
large onion, halved and thinly sliced
cloves garlic, minced
package (10 ounces) cremini or baby portabello mushrooms, quartered
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
3/4 c. short- or long-grain brown rice
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Combine the broth and water in a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Set aside.
- Toast the pecans in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring often, for 3 to 4 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Tip onto a plate.
- Heat the oil in a large flameproof saucepan or casserole with a lid over medium heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in the mushrooms, thyme, and salt (the pan will seem dry). Cover and cook, stirring often, for about 6 minutes or until the mushrooms have released their liquid and the liquid has evaporated. Stir in the rice and pecans.
- Add the reserved broth mixture and bring to a boil. Cover and transfer to the oven. Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until the rice is tender and the liquid has been absorbed.
Video: the best long grain brown rice with mushrooms
How to Cut Out Sugar in 7 Simple Steps
Three bicep isolation moves you need to try
Ivy League Haircut 2019
16 Supermodel Brides To Inspire Your Own Wedding Style
How to Avoid Insulin-Related Weight Gain
10. Andis 1875-Watt Tourmaline Ceramic Ionic Styling Hair Dryer
12 Best 15-Minute Lower Ab Workouts For A Toned, Strong, And Flat Belly
How to Make an Egg Bake
A Top Dermatologist Shares Her Secrets for Perfect Skin
Lard is your new healthy option
Date: 30.11.2018, 06:36 / Views: 52461