How to Create a Christmas Atmosphere in a Bedroom
Preparing your room
Clean out your room.Take any unnecessary furniture out for during the holidays. Store it in an attic or basement. Do not throw it out - it will go back in your room after the holiday season. Wash the bedding and curtains, clean the window and mirror, and clean the rest of the room thoroughly. All the tinsel in the world won't make cobwebs and dirty laundry look good!
Decorating from the top
Start at the top and decorate the ceiling.Make paper snowflakes and use fishing line or white yarn to hang them from the ceiling. Stars on the ceiling look great too! You can also hang ornaments in the same manner, just be sure they are wood or plastic so if they fall they won't shatter and hurt someone.
Decorate the upper walls.Hang Christmas lights all over your room, on the upper border of your walls. You could also make and hang paper chains.
Decorating the bottom
Don't forget the floor.Put Christmas stuffed animals or regular stuffed animals with Santa hats on in a corner or under the tree. Wrap empty tissue boxes and the like to look like presents and stack them under the tree or in a corner.
Decorate the bed.Put a winter quilt or bedspread on your bed along with some Christmas pillows.
- Add Christmas related cushions and duvet covers (snowflakes, reindeer and even Santas).
Decorating the walls, door and windows
Decorate the window(s).Hang glittery or shiny plastic snowflakes from your curtain rod, so they sparkle in the sun. You can put Christmas shaped gel clings or "spray snow" on the window itself, or felt snowdrifts on the window ledge. Put fake candles on the ledge.
- Stick Christmas -themed window sticker shapes to your window and from the outside your room or house will look magical.
Decorate the walls.You can hang wreaths on your walls, or any of the things you might put on a bulletin board!
Decorate the door.Stick some tinsel and light ornaments or decorations on your door. Make it as welcoming as possible- it is the entrance to your room! Write signs saying things like, "Santa's Workshop".
Adding other decorations to the room
Decorate your bulletin board.Paint some Christmas scenes on paper or cardstock and hang them from your bulletin board. You can hang Christmas cards, lists, Christmas comics clipped from the paper, or gift ideas too!
Set up a tree.Put a fake tree decorated with lights and ornaments in the corner of the room. Fake trees come in all sizes, from upwards of 7 feet (2.1 m) to less than 7 inches (17.8 cm), and you can find huge or tiny ornaments to match.
- Consider using a live mini tree. It can even be decorated and will live on after Christmas.
Add Christmas lights.A room looks significantly more Christmas-like with Christmas lights. They can be hung around picture frames and desks, dangled on the wardrobe, strung in windows and even hung along the top of your bed frame. Look on Pinterest for specific lighting in the bedroom decoration ideas.
- Tinsel also looks great around picture frames, mirrors or TVs. Gently tape the tinsel to the object you'd like decorated.
QuestionDo you have any other ideas?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry adding tinsel everywhere possible, and dim the lights so that the Christmas lights show up better. Play Christmas music, and hang stockings with candy canes in them. If you get an advent calendar, you can mark off the days until Christmas!Thanks!
QuestionWhere can I put tinsel?wikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerAnywhere you want! You can drape it across your dresser, bed, nightstand, windowsill, bookshelf, etc. You can also tape it to the walls or around your door frameThanks!
QuestionwikiHow ContributorCommunity AnswerTry adding some fairy lights around the room - I find that the tiny lights add a bit of warmth and color to any room. Maybe add a garland across the door, or add a colorful winter quilt to your bed. Try to keep the room clean, and talk to your brother about your ideas on making your room more festive. Tinsel is good, but can be messy when putting away. You can also hang lanterns from the ceiling and tie ribbons on your dresser or desk drawers.Thanks!
Ask a Question
200 characters left
Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered.
- Show off your room to friends and family.
- Make some Christmas cookies to give to departing guests at the door.
- Aim for colors fit for the season, like red, white, green, black and maroon.
- You could add some holiday smells like cinnamon or peppermint to the room. For example, use scented candles with scents like mulled wine and cinnamon.
- Decorate a box to keep gifts, to-do lists, and wrapping supplies in. If it has a lid, it can be closed and used as a decoration itself.
- If you have a spare laundry basket, you can put presents in it before Christmas and put clothes or towels over it to hide them away.
- Consider using wall stickers. You can get wall stickers that have Christmas related quotes or Santa, etc.
- Fake snow makes the house appear lovely from the outside too.
- If you're into art, you can put up festive drawings.
- Make your own things out of anything you can find, use your imagination.
- Add a small Christmas tree with fake presents boxes underneath. Also, you may want to add some lights for even more glam.
- If you do hang lists of gift ideas up in your room, be careful that the person doesn't see it!
- Never leave food in your room unless it is tightly sealed.
- Never leave candles unattended. If you are liable to falling asleep without warning, do not light candles before bedtime. You must be able to blow out the candles before leaving the room or falling asleep; otherwise, do not use them as they are too great a fire hazard risk.
- Never leave the house with lights switched on and plugged in this can cause fires. Turning off also saves money.
Video: How to Create a Christmas Atmosphere in Your House
29 Champagne Wedding Dresses for the Bride Who PrefersOff-White
You Can Totally Fix These 10 Modern-Day Ailments With Herbal Remedies
Cindy Crawford, 52, Reveals Age-Defying Workout in No-Makeup Selfie
I Went Looking for My Birth Parents and Realized My Father Was Famous
How to Spot Signs of High Cholesterol
Pixie Lott for Rock N’ Rose Accessories Collection
How to Calculate Bond Value and Current Yield
Amazon Prime member numbers helped Chicos deal
Smoking and Stroke Risk: Are Women Different
Celeb Dish: Pierce Brosnans Penne al Funghi Porcini
How to Change Your IP Address
With Love From Kat
Date: 13.12.2018, 05:56 / Views: 64352